Terms and Conditions (GTC)
§ 1 Scope and general notes
(1) Subject to individual agreements and agreements which take precedence over these General Terms and Conditions, the following general terms and conditions shall apply exclusively for the business relationship between the seller and the customer. Unless otherwise agreed, the inclusion of the Customer's own terms and conditions will be rejected.
(2) The customer is a consumer insofar as he concludes the contract for purposes which can not be attributed predominantly to his commercial or his independent professional activity. On the other hand, entrepreneurs are any natural or legal person or a legal person who is a legal person in the exercise of his commercial or independent professional activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
(1) The contract comes into being with the customer.
(2) The essential characteristics of the goods are determined by the respective product description posted by the seller.
(3) All offers in the seller's online shop are merely a non-committal invitation to the customer to submit a corresponding purchase offer to the seller. As soon as the seller has received the customer's order, the customer is first sent a confirmation of his order to the seller, usually by e-mail (order confirmation). The order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of the order. Upon receipt of the order of the customer, the vendor will check this at short notice and inform the customer within two working days whether he accepts the order (order confirmation). The order process in the Seller's Onlineshop works as follows:
(4) The customer can select products from the assortment of the seller and collect them via the "Add to basket" button in a so-called shopping basket. By clicking on the "Shopping Cart" button, the customer gets an overview of the selected products. With the "Buy Now" button, he makes a binding request to purchase the goods in the shopping cart. Before sending the order, the customer can change the data entered and the entered data at any time by means of the browser functions "Back" and "Next", which are displayed as arrow keys. The application can only be submitted and communicated if the customer accepts these terms and conditions by clicking on the "Accept terms and conditions" button. The seller then sends the customer an automatic acknowledgment of receipt by e-mail in which the order of the customer is re-listed and which the customer can print out using the "Print" function. The automatic confirmation of receipt only documents that the customer's order has been received by the seller and does not represent acceptance of the application. The contract is only concluded by the seller's declaration of acceptance, which is sent with a separate e-mail.
§ 3 Subject matter of the contract, nature, delivery, product availability
(1) The subject matter of the contract is the goods and services specified in the order by the customer and the order and / or order confirmation to the final prices stated in the onlineshop. Mistakes and mistakes are reserved there, especially as regards the availability of goods.
(2) The quality of the goods ordered is derived from the product descriptions in the onlineshop. Illustrations on the website may reflect the products only inaccurately; Especially colors, may deviate considerably for technical reasons. Images are only intended as visual material and may differ from the product. Technical data, weight, measurement and performance description are given as precisely as possible, but may have the usual deviations. The characteristics described here do not constitute defects of the products delivered by the seller.
(3) If, at the time of the customer's order, no copies of the product selected by him are available, the seller shall inform the customer of this in the order confirmation. If the product is not permanently available, the seller will not accept an acceptance declaration. A contract is not concluded in this case.
(4) If the product designated by the customer in the order is only temporarily unavailable, the seller also immediately notifies the customer in the order confirmation. In the event of a delivery delay of more than two weeks, the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract. In this case, the seller is also entitled to cancel the contract. In this case, he will refund any payments already made by the customer without delay.
§ 4 Delivery, Prices, Shipping Costs
(1) Delivery to the shipping company shall take place no later than two days after receipt of payment, at Z
Information about online dispute resolution
The EU Commission provides on its website the following link to the ODR platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
This platform shall be a point of entry for out-of-court resolutions of disputes arising from online sales and service contracts concluded between consumers and traders.